PrivacyStar blocks unwanted calls on iPhone
First Orion’s PrivacyStar app is available now for iPhone users to identify and block unwanted calls. The new app for iPhone gives users more control over their phone calls and provides three levels of protection, including:
– Basic – Blocks All identified Scam related calls
– Enhanced – Blocks All identified Scam, Telemarketing and Debt Collection related calls
– Maximum – Blocks All identified Scam, Telemarketing and Debt Collection related Calls as well as Political, Market Research and other unwanted or nuisance related calls
With the introduction of iOS 10 and the CallKit API feature, First Orion enables iPhone users to protect themselves and preserve their privacy with the all new PrivacyStar application for iPhone. This service has previously only been available to Android users until this iOS update.
PrivacyStar provides a proprietary unique scoring system for every phone number, known as a “Spam Score.” The higher the score for a specific calling phone number the more likely it is that a call from that number should be avoided and blocked. A Spam Score ranges from 0 to 5, with a score of “0” generally meaning that First Orion has not identified any specific nuisance or fraudulent behaviors with that number and a score of “5” meaning that First Orion has identified Scam or Fraudulent behavior from that calling number. Scores ranging from 1 – 4 will indicate the relative nuisance level associated with a particular incoming caller.
PrivacyStar updates its proprietary scores in real time and the application within minutes as those scores are available. This feature ultimately warns users of the likelihood of the call being fraudulent, allowing iPhone users to set their personal settings to control whether or not numbers with a certain Spam Score are allowed through or automatically blocked.
Free Version – ALL features are available during the 7-day trial period; features available after the 7-day trial has expired:
– Automatically Blocks all identified Scam or fraud related calls
– Known Nuisance Callers will be identified by Caller ID Type (e.g., Telemarketers)
– File a complaint against any number that will be submitted to the FTC
PRO Version – all Free features plus:
– Block any phone number
– Caller ID Name displayed for known or suspected nuisance calls (e.g., Telemarketing)
– Unlimited Reverse Number Lookup for any phone number providing additional details
– Add Phone Numbers to an Approved List so they will never be blocked
– Automatically Block Known Robocallers
– Automatically Block Calls from Reported Nuisance Callers (e.g., Telemarketers, Robocallers, Political Calls, Surveys, etc.)
– Customize Protection Settings to create a custom blocking profile by selecting any combination of call types
Download the PrivacyStar app here.