3 tips to clean your home after a renovation project
You know how disruptive construction work can be if you’ve lived with builders. Dust and dirt are unavoidable even if everything goes as planned and your workers are neat. Unclean masonry or drywall particles and dust can affect your property negatively, and some building waste is harmful to the human body.
So to help, below are some post-renovation cleaning tips that will help you get your home back in order so you can appreciate its fresh, new look even more:
1. Prioritize Safety
Most likely, you’re focused and excited about your home renovation project. But don’t let that confuse you. Ripping up walls and floors may reveal hidden threats. That’s why you should safeguard yourself and your household.
For more significant projects, it’s vital to find temporary housing while repairs are underway, especially if you have small kids.
Older homes may potentially contain lead paint or asbestos. So, in addition to mold and moisture issues, look for other environmental hazards. During home renovation cleanup, always prioritize safety. Always safeguard yourself. Also, leave any electrical wiring to a pro. It’s best to be careful.
Ask yourself the following questions when deciding whether to do the post-renovation cleanup yourself or hire professionals:
- Do you have the time?
- How long does it take?
- Is there any money left from the renovation budget for cleaning?
Depending on the situation, a thorough clean is required regardless. Various poisons are discharged into the air during renovations. New paints, lacquers, and primers also emit vapors. Given the potential health risks, the high cost of a thorough cleaning may be all worth it.
2. Hire Waste Removal Services
Junk removal isn’t all the time a do-it-yourself task since you need to tackle waste. Therefore, it’s best to leave it to the experts like those at Dirt Cheap Rubbish Removal.
Waste removal services are vital when getting rid of waste quickly and easily since they have the proper training and equipment to do the job right.
Thus, employing a junk removal business has several advantages. Outlined below are some of its essential aspects:
- Expertise. Garbage removal may appear simple. But there’s a reason why small businesses and homeowners hire professional trash services. Each location has its own guidelines and standards for rubbish disposal. There can be fines associated with improper trash disposal. But it can also be an image issue if your trash isn’t picked up because of a mix-up outside your house. Similarly, you may desire to recycle and run a firm as green as possible. But if you don’t sort your garbage correctly, you can end up throwing out items that you could’ve used in different ways.
- Health and Safe Factors. Depending on the amount and type of waste, self-removal may be hazardous. Your body may get swollen or bruised when cleaning the garbage. You might get allergies. You may also lack sufficient training in handling garbage disposal. So, leave the duty to the specialists and engage them on time.
- Time-Saving. Professionals don’t waste time hauling, clearing out, and disposing of trash. Your time is not wasted. They start work promptly and finish it within the due time frame.
3. Clean All Surfaces, Doors, Windows, and Furniture
Dust will accumulate on almost every surface as you work on your project. Hence, cleaning up after any kind of home renovation project may be complicated. Using a vacuum with a fine dust bag might help you remove dust and small dirt particles.
If there is carpeting, vacuum it often to remove all dust because dust tends to scatter and move into the air. Vacuum gently and appropriately. It takes longer, but it works best.
Clean the baseboards and ledges with a damp rag to remove any remaining dust. Dust inhalation can trigger respiratory disorders, so don’t skip this final step. Consider having your air ducts and vents cleaned after a significant renovation.
Moreover, clean all windows, doors, and furniture. A lot of dirt from the restoration process might accumulate on these things. This is one of the best cleaning techniques for a clean home. It would be best if you also cleaned the lights. Some cleaning products can help you tend these things entirely.
Don’t forget to protect yourself and prepare a safety mask, gloves, adequate rubbish bags, cleaning cloths, disinfectant, and cleaning chemicals before you start cleaning up after the renovation.
Renovations are both exhilarating and challenging. You want to get back inside your home and enjoy the upgrades, but post-renovation cleanups may be a real headache.
Leave the construction stress behind by hiring a pleasant cleaning crew. Call a professional contractor immediately to handle all your post-renovation cleaning needs.